Outlook Blog – Upgrade from Gmail to Outlook.com in 5 easy steps
Just last week we introduced a new personal email service called Outlook.com. In my previous post we described how to upgrade from Hotmail to Outlook.com. Now, let’s take a look at how to upgrade from Gmail to Outlook.
Get modern email without giving up your Gmail account
Upgrading from Gmail to Outlook.com offers many advantages including:
- A fast, modern UI that shows you more of your email with less clutter
- An address book that connects to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, so all your contacts are in one place
- Pictures from Facebook in messages from your friends, messaging that lets you chat with your friends on Facebook right from your Inbox
- Great tools to help handle newsletters, deals and more
- SkyDrive and Office built-in to make it easy to share and collaborate
And, of course, Outlook.com respects your privacy – it won’t use the contents of your personal email to show you ads; in fact, you won’t see ads when reading email from friends.
You don’t even have to tell people to change the way they communicate with you. You can keep your Gmail address and can get all your mail right in Outlook. Here are the five steps: